After a long hiatus I hadn’t planned, I’ve decided to do another blog post! The summer really flew by. August was really busy. I really got tired of the old wallpaper in our parlor quite a while back and tore the old stuff off the walls. Unfortunately, the backing stayed put! I thought I would cover up the seams with some temporary wallpaper border, so I got some and started to put that up. I didn’t get very far with that project. I decided the border was too expensive when I discovered I didn’t have enough, so I bought some ribbon and thumb tacks. I never put any ribbon up. My husband didn’t seem too impressed with the whole idea. So we had to look at the ugly seams for a long time, but at least the old, blah herringbone wallpaper was gone!
Just lately, my husband decided to steam off the wallpaper backing. After stripping off grasscloth upstairs in the library, he was dreading this job, but surprisingly everything went well. This time the stuff came off quite easily and also quite quickly. The parlor is smaller and there are two doors, six windows, and two doorways! Here are some pictures:
You can see a little bit of the wallpaper border behind the lamp.
I couldn’t find any pictures of the parlor with the old wallpaper, but the same stuff is in our vestibule, which is currently a storage (really a junk!) closet. When I get that cleaned out, I’ll post a picture.
We’re trying to pick out some paint. We want terracotta. We got several swatches at the Benjamin Moore dealer and think we’ll try pumpkin patch.